Friday, September 18, 2020

A little something about me

 I'm not an interesting person. 


    I feel like I've always been sort of an average student. I've gotten good grades, try to make my family proud. Nothing special to be honest. I'm not the best at making friends because I'm an awkward individual.  Ha. As a result, you don't see me in many clubs. It's fine though, there's many people that have entered and left my life that have shaped me into who I am. 

   The truth is, I didn't ask for this class when creating my schedule last year. I didn't even know what this class was about, let alone that it existed. I'm kind of glad they gave it to me though, hopefully it helps me grow as a person. 

   My father was an immigrant and in order to learn English, he began to watch American films. He developed an infatuation towards film and passed it on to me. He took me to cinemas to watch the newest movies and we would talk about them after. I always wondered what it would be like to create films and see my father's bright smile, knowing his daughter directed it. 

   There was a small time where I was always trying to please my parents. It led me to go into this dark, sad hole and I was unwilling to crawl my way out. Then, I found my save haven. Theatre. Theatre truly helped me with my anxiety and helped me come out of my shell. Theatre helped me to be more confident and expressive. I discovered that theatre was what I was meant to do. I adore acting and I learned that acting truly is a craft. Ever since I learned that acting was my calling, I wanted to know everything actor's did to prepare for a role and I wanted to do the same. I would love to go into a performing arts school after I graduate, to study acting and be on the big screen. Hopefully later on, by learning from directors I can perhaps have a career in directing too. 




Photo credits: Canva 

https://www.canva.com/photos/MADGvqjf2D4-man-standing-on-stage/

https://www.canva.com/photos/MADGx5g_UFw-time-lapse-photography-of-car-lights-in-front-of-cinema/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Farewell...

  My CCR