Monday, September 14, 2020

Introduction

 Hello, my name is Breanna and this is my first blog post. 
   During this AICE Media Studies course, I will get a better understanding on how media forms and media platforms work. Throughout this process, I expect to be challenged creatively and work vigorously on my evaluation/analyzation skills. Although I know there will be many hardships on the way I will remain persistent and determined. I hope to produce a media product successfully, while along the way develop a deeper understanding as to why language, representation, industry and audience are imperative in this field of study. I have chosen to create a fictional film opening. The main tasks are:  
  • Titles and the opening must last a maximum of two minutes.
  • All images and text used must be original and produced by the candidate(s).
  • Sound should also be original, but music can be taken from an acknowledged source. 
   At the end of the tasks, I will have a better grasp on how production and research go hand in hand in making a media product.  I will be able to evaluate my own work and reflect critically. In addition, I will do my best to be informed on the appropriate technology and equipment to use. I will study the technical elements that go into making a film and will try to create a story that sends an important message or has social significance. 

When I finish with all my blog posts and the opening on the film I must answer four critical commentary questions for the reflection. These questions are: 

1. How does your product use or challenge conventions and how does it represent social groups or issues? 

2. How does your product engage with audiences and how would it be distributed as a real media text? 

3. How did your production skills develop throughout this project?

4. How did you integrate technologies - software, hardware, and online - in this project? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Farewell...

  My CCR