Tuesday, October 6, 2020

Camera Angles

   So, I do not have models but I do have my generous little brother and wonderful dog. Here are some examples of camera angles, why they are used and what they convey.

High Angle 


 During a high angle, the camera is looking down on a subject. High angles are used to diminish the character. By diminish I mean show them as weak, powerless or vulnerable. 


Low Angle 


 The low angle is the complete opposite of a high angle. During a low angle, the camera is looking up a subject. The camera is below the subject's eye line and it is used to make the subject look more powerful. It can be subtle or extreme. 


Canted Angle


   The canted angle demonstrates the horizontal axis of the frame. The camera is slanted to one side. This creates a sense unease, mania, terror, or bewilderment. It basically magnifies tension. 


References

All pictures were taken by me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Farewell...

  My CCR