Friday, December 18, 2020

Evaluation for Preliminary Task

 Honestly, I had lots of fun making the opening of Detective Angelo. There were times when I would think “Am I really capable?”, but with the help of my friends and my lovely little brother...let’s just say they really pushed me into believing that yes, it is possible. 

I had a great time deciding the props and the costumes, to try to set the scene. I had a bit of help with the editing, and all in all I think it turned out pretty good for my first time filming anything. 

Nonetheless, there’s still some things I have to work on. Especially to make “What’s Eating The Runaways?” absolutely spectacular. 

I really need to work on my editing. There’s a certain editing style I would like to use for “What’s Eating The Runaways?”, I just really need to research and practice. I plan to make little fun videos with my friends, and then edit them for practice. 

As for the microphones...listen it was my first time editing. I wasn’t sure how to put the dialogue I got from the microphones in the opening, so I’m going to need to figure that out for “What’s The Eating the Runaways?”. Although, for Detective Angelo, I made sure my actors were speaking pretty clearly and made sure to project. I think that the audience can fairly hear the actors’ dialogue. But I want the sound and dialogue for my final opening of “What’s Eating the Runaways?” to be perfect, so I plan to figure out how to put the dialogue I obtain from the microphones into the opening. 

I really think I was on point with incorporating the different aspects of mise on scene, especially with the costuming, music and colors. I wanted sort of a contrast between light and dark to set the mood. Mostly dark colors, to really empathize the mysterious aura. 

I also used no copyright film noir background music from youtube, to set the mysterious mood.Here is the link, if you want to listen to more. The only thing I wish I added to really have that film noir mood is a black and white filter. It would've been perfect. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Farewell...

  My CCR