Tuesday, November 17, 2020

Finally, some ideas

 I have two ideas on what I want my film to be about. 

(What's Eating the Runaways?)

Gianni and Lucas both live tumultuous lives with their parents who always seem to have arguments about every little thing. Gianni is in his senior year of high school. Gianni never felt like he fit in, in his small town. He never related to the people of his small town or both his parents. All he knows is that he loves his little brother Lucas. He wants to leave the small town he's living in and experience the world. Gianni soon finds out that the man he's been calling "dad" this whole time is not his biological father. It turns out his real dad is living in New York. Shocked by this revelation, he and Lucas go on a road trip to New York to find Gianni's long lost dad. Along the way, they meet two girls and discover things about themselves they never knew. Will Gianni find his long lost dad? Will he be disappointed? Will that void he feels finally be filled? 

I was initially having trouble with the title of the film it was between "Consuming Adolescence", "Gianni & Lucas" or "What's Eating the Runaways?". In the survey, the majority of my peers liked the title "Consuming Adolescence", but in my heart I know the title should be "What's Eating the Runaways?". 

I already asked two of my close friends from my theatre class, Jonathan and Alejandro, if they would like to participate and they said yes! I've worked with them before and they have some background in acting. Both very talented people! I hope they don’t change their minds because their parts are crucial in the film. I still have some components and elements I need to incorporate for the film so I can’t wait to plan for that. It’s going to be difficult but I’m excited. 


(I don't know what the title should be)

The second idea I have is a film which will focus on two female leads who fall in love. I don't want it to be about their trials and tribulations. I don't want audiences to focus on that it is two women falling in love. I just want it to be shown as a true love story, with heart break. I got this idea while doing an assignment for theatre. It played out all through my head. I even wrote a little script about it! The beginning of the film would take place in the mall and it would include a love at first sight scene with a perfect song in the background. 

I was also inspired by my friends who were in love at some point but slowly fell off. That's what time and growing up does to you. It doesn't last forever, but all you can do is remember the love you have for that person(one of the themes that would go hand in hand in the film). I can communicate with those two past lovebirds because I want to represent the LGBTQ community as truthful as I can. I do not want any cliches. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Farewell...

  My CCR