Tuesday, January 26, 2021

Tone

 I never stopped to think about the tone of "What's Eating the Runaways?". Hmm, let's see...

Tone is basically the vibe of the film or the personality it has. Tone is how it makes the audience feel. 

I want audiences to feel uplifted and emotional. I want them to feel for Gianni. 

So tone is determined by lighting, exposure and art direction. 

For lighting, I want to be bright. I want everything to be clear. I don't want anything to go unnoticed by the audience. 

For exposure, I plan to sometimes use dark contrasts to emphasize that something is wrong and then shift to bright lighting to illuminate the scene.

As for art direction... art direction can be established by props to costumes. I think it would be a good idea to have Gianni wear dark, baggy clothing to contrast the lighting or tone of the film. The costumes and props used will have some dark/mellow undertones. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Farewell...

  My CCR