Friday, November 6, 2020

Oh oh my teen angst is showing

I am doing a coming-of-age film, so for that reason there has to be some dramatics in it. There has to be a character who is willing to show us the emotional aspect of being a teenager and act out for us. For one thing though, if my character is rebelling, he/she is going to have a valid reason behind it. Impulsive decisions are to be made, it's inevitable. But hopefully, I plan to create a character that brings some realism on what being a teenager is really like. 

I would really want to have an adult presence in there. On the other hand, I really want to portray how adults look at teens. As a teenager I absolutely detest when adults say "You're a young adult now, you need to start making decisions for yourself" but then they say "You're still a child, you can't make choices for yourself." This is why teens have a big confusion on what to do and why when we're at a crossroads we have difficulty making a decision. Adults need to learn and not look at teens in a negative light. I want adults to relate to my film and see why teenagers are the way they are. We are special. Let us make our own decisions, but also guide us positively towards the horizon. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Farewell...

  My CCR